New York as you can expect has a number of Bills that have been introduced this past year about the use of drones in New York. Although nothing has passed into law as of yet I have included the Bills and their titles below. You can see that the bills cover unwarranted surveillance by law enforcement, using drones to hunt wildlife and limitations on drone use within the state of New York.
For further research about New York drone flying laws visit New York Assembly and search for Unmanned Aerial and drones in the search bar.
Do not forget to always abide by the FAA regulations no matter where you fly.
- Fly your Drone below 400 FT
- Fly with local clubs
- Inspect your aircraft before you fly
- Take a lesson before you fly
- Don’t fly your drone beyond line of sight
- Don’t fly near airports or any manned aircraft
- Don’t fly near people or stadiums
- Don’t be carless or reckless, you could be fined if you endanger people or other aircraft
- Don’t fly anything that weighs more than 55lbs.
- Don’t fly for payment or commercial purposes unless specifically authorized by the FAA