California AB 856 prohibits entering the airspace of an individual in order to capture an image or recording of that individual who has a reasonable expectation of privacy engaging in a private, personal, familial activity without permission. This legislation is a response to the use of drones by the paparazzi.
Do not forget to always abide by the FAA regulations no matter where you fly.
- Fly your Drone below 400 FT
- Fly with local clubs
- Inspect your aircraft before you fly
- Take a lesson before you fly
- Don’t fly your drone beyond line of sight
- Don’t fly near airports or any manned aircraft
- Don’t fly near people or stadiums
- Don’t be careless or reckless, you could be fined if you endanger people or other aircraft
- Don’t fly anything that weighs more than 55lbs.
- Don’t fly for payment or commercial purposes unless specifically authorized by the FAA
LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL’S DIGEST
Vote: majority Appropriation: no Fiscal Committee: no Local Program: no
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
Section 1708.8 of the Civil Code is amended to read: